With all of the preparation done, (nearly), for the second build, powder coating, cleaning, repairing, it’s time to assemble the jigsaw once again.
- Fit swingarm to frame – (Don’t forget Rubber chain guard)
- Press taper bearings into frame, fit front forks and yokes
- Refit rubber grommets into frame _ warm in hot soapy water first)
- Run a tap down all the threads on the frame – 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
- Run a tap down 2 threads on the swingarm – 5mm
- Run a tap down all the threads on the rear subframe – 6mm, 8mm
- Run a tap down 4 threads on the headlamp brackets – 6mm
- Fit rear (lower) mudguard, with CDI Unit
- Fit Shock
- Fit Centre stand
- Fit front end (Top and bottom Yokes, forks headlamp mounts, handlebars)
- Fit rear subframe
- Fit “standing handlebar”
A pleasant afternoon, mostly in the sun.